GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES
A. RULES OF PLAY
The tournament is for AMATEUR GOLFERS ONLY and shall be conducted in accordance with the Rules of Golf of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, the USGA and the Local Rules of both Baguio Country Club and Camp John Hay Golf Club.
B. MANNER OF COMPETITION
- The tournament will be divided into two (2) groups, the “FIL” and the “AM” Divisions.
- Both Divisions shall play 72 holes using Stableford team competition.
- For Team and Individual competitions, there will be a SUPER SENIORS Division, and then the SENIORS Division will be bracketed into five (5) flights – “Championship” to “D” for both the “FIL” and “AM” while the REGULARS will be bracketed into EIGHT (8) flights- “Championship” to “G”.
- Practice rounds are for bonafide Fil-Am participants only. Guests are strictly prohibited. Teams violating such will be subject to disqualification. Both courses will be available for practice rounds on November 28, 2018 to 12:00 noon of November 30, 2018 for SENIORS and REGULAR FLIGHTS F & G and December 7, 2018 to 12:00 noon of December 9, 2018 for REGULAR FLIGHTS CH, A, B, C, D & E. (Camp John Hay will be using shotgun starts for practice rounds on November 30, 2018 and on December 9, 2018.)
- Participating Team Priority.
- Invited Golf Clubs in the Philippines
- Invited Golf Clubs outside the Philippines
- Local Teams with invitation
- New Teams and Local Teams
- Each club may submit one (1) or two (2) teams consisting of five (5) gentlemen players and not more than two (2) alternate players per team. If your team fielded only one team last year and you wish to add a second team this year, your second team will be put on the waiting list.
- Eligible teams must confirm their participation in the tournament by submitting to the Tournament Committee their completed entry forms and the corresponding fees on or before August 1, 2018.
- Each team MUST have a designated Team Captain who shall ensure that his team members are familiar with the rules of golf, tournament rules and other rules applicable to the competition. The Team Captain is responsible for verifying, authenticating and submitting copies of the handicap indexes of his team members.
- Team Captains can confirm and amend their line-ups at the Baguio Country Club Secretariat. All changes in a team’s line-up must be done at the Team Captains meeting in writing not later than 6:00 pm of November 28, 2018 for the Seniors and Regular Flights F & G and December 7, 2018 for the Regular Flights CH, A, B, C, D & E. Failure of the Team Captain to confirm and certify his team will relieve the Committee of any responsibility for any errors in line-ups or handicaps.
- Handicap indexes shall be submitted with the team’s application. The Fil-Am Committee requires a copy of a player’s April and May 2018 official handicap index card/certification from USGA, R&A, GHIN or Unified National Handicapping System of the Philippines. All players must bring the original handicap index card/certification for verification purposes. The Committee reserves the right to reject or adjust handicap indexes of a player before or during tournament proper. The LOWEST HANDICAP INDEX garnered during the 2-month period from April and May 2018 and a player’s Fil-Am index (for participants since 2012) shall be used for this year’s tournament.
- A player who does not submit the proper documentation (index) may be given a handicap of zero (0).
- The average of the 3 lowest Handicap indexes will be used for classification of teams. No player in the “AM” Division shall have a lower handicap than those players in the “FIL” Division.
- Questions on handicap indexes of other teams/players shall ONLY be considered until 6:00 PM on November 30, 2018 for the Seniors and Regular Flights F & G and December 9, 2018 for the Regular Flights CH, A, B, C, D & E.
- Teams/ individuals shall be disqualified for submitting confirmed false handicap indexes (Rule 6-2b, Rules of Golf) and may be banned from future participation in the FIL-AM. Team protests must be submitted in writing with an attached proof to the Tournament Committee. The Committee reserves the right to investigate any handicaps.
NOTE: If a player has more than one (1) handicap index, the lowest handicap index shall be used. It is the Team Captain’s responsibility to ensure the lowest handicap index of his player is submitted. Failure to report a handicap index may result in disqualification.
- Team placements in the different flights will be based on the average of the three (3) lowest handicap indexes in the team.
First Week (December 1 to December 6, 2018)
Super Seniors Division
Seniors Division Championship, A, B, C and D Flights
Regulars Division Flights F and G
Second Week (December 10 to 15, 2018)
Regulars Division Championship, A, B, C, D and E Flights
- All players for the Seniors Division must be 55 years of age byDecember 1, 2018.
- All players for the Super Seniors Division must be 70 years of age byDecember 1, 2018.
- All team champions of the different classifications from last year’s tournament may be advanced to a higher classification at the discretion of the Tournament Committee.
- Request for team classification, elevation or preferred playing week SHALL NOT BE ENTERTAINED.
- Players wanting to play both weeks of the tournament are permitted to do so.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to classify or reclassify any team/s if it deems such change is for the good of the tournament
F. SCORING SYSTEM
- The tournament will be scored by the following system:
6 points – Hole-In-One on par 4 or Double Eagle/ Albatross
5 points – Hole-In-One on par 3
4 points – two under par (Eagle)
3 points – one under par (Birdie)
2 points – pars
1 point – one over par (Bogey)
Note: Players are reminded to record strokes and not points on the official scorecard.
- Each team may field five (5) players with four (4) scores to count for the team for the day.
- Ties shall be broken as follows:
- Final round score of the 5th player. (Score that did not count)
- Best team score for the last 18 holes
- Best team score for the last 36 holes
- Best team score for the last 54 holes
- Most number of eagles then birdies, then pars, then bogeys
- Final round score of the player
- Final 36 holes score of the player
- Final 54 holes score of the player
- If still tied, final 9 holes, final 6 holes, final 3 holes, hole by hole count back from the 72nd hole.
G. TEAM & INDIVIDUAL AWARDS
- Team trophies will be awarded to Champions, 1st Runners-up and 2nd Runners-up from the “Championship” flights through “G” flights in the Regulars, from “CH” flights through “D” flights for the Seniors, and Super Seniors for both “FIL” and “AM” Divisions.
- Five (5) trophies will be awarded to the members of the winning teams. In case of teams having more than five (5) players, additional trophies will be sent at a later date.
- A Trophy will be awarded to the medalist of each individual classification as determined by handicap indexes.
- Hole-in-one awards will only be issued for those made during the tournament proper.
H. TEE TIMES AND REQUEST FOR TEE TIME PAIRINGS
- Pairings and starting times will be released and posted. Pairings sheets will be made available at the secretariat.
Team Captains are required to submit their pairings on or BEFORE 7:00 P.M. Changes in Player’s starting times will not be allowed. A Team Captain may replace a player with a registered alternate/s up until one (1) hour prior to scheduled tee time.
- Teams who fail to field the minimum number of four (4) players daily may be disqualified and automatically lose their standing for an invitation to the following year’s tournament.
- The Tournament Committee will not entertain any requests for tee times or playing dates. Players who join the tournament must be ready to play on any day of the tournament dates and tee times assigned to them by the Tournament Committee.
I. RULES DECISION
- Questions regarding Rules of Golf shall be referred ONLY to the Rules Committee.Any protest must be submitted immediately in writing (signed by the Team Captain) not later than 6:00 pm of the day of the stipulated round. Any other requests will not be considered.
- Decisions of the Rules Committee shall be final.
J. FIL-AM LOCAL RULES ON MEASURING-DEVICES
“A player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If, during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g., elevation changes, wind speed, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is 2 strokes for the first offense and disqualification for the stipulated round for any subsequent offense. In the event of a breach between the play of two holes, the penalty applies to the next hole.”
K. DISQUALIFICATION / SUSPENSION
At any time, the Tournament Committee reserves the right to disqualify and / or suspend any team or individual from their participation in the FIL – AM Invitational Golf Tournament. Reasons for disqualification/ suspension may include the following:
- Disrespect to the sponsors, tournament officials and staff.
- Unbecoming conduct and gross violations of the Rules of Golf and serious breach of golf etiquette by any team member/s during the tournament.
- Violation of the House Rules of both Host Clubs/Hotels.
- Whether intentional or not, misrepresentation and/or playing under any other identity.