A. RULES OF PLAY
The tournament is for AMATEUR GOLFERS ONLY and shall be conducted in accordance with
the Rules of Golf of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, the USGA and the Local
Rules of both Baguio Country Club and Camp John Hay Golf Club.
B. MANNER OF COMPETITION
1. The tournament will be divided into two (2) groups, the “FIL” and the “AM”.
2. Both groups shall play 72 holes using Stableford team competition.
3. For Team competitions, the SENIORS will be bracketed into three (3) DIVISIONS –
“Championship” to “B” for both the “FIL” and “AM” while the REGULARS will be
bracketed into nine (9) DIVISIONS- “Championship”, “A” to “H”.
4. Both courses will be available for practice rounds on November 18, 2015 to 12:00 noon
of November 20, 2015 for SENIORS and REGULAR DIVISIONS F, G & H; and
November 27, 2015 to 12:00 noon of November 29, 2015 for REGULAR DIVISIONS CH,
A, B, C, D & E. (Camp John Hay will be using shotgun starts for practice rounds on
November 20, 2015 and on November 29, 2015.)
1. Participating Team Priority.
a. Invited Golf Clubs in the Philippines
b. Invited Golf Clubs outside the Philippines
c. Local Teams with invitation
d. New Teams and Local Teams
2. Each club may submit one (1) or two (2) teams consisting of five (5) gentlemen players
and not more than two (2) alternate players per team. If your team fielded only one
team last year and you wish to add a second team this year, your second team will
be put on the waiting list.
3. Eligible teams must confirm their participation in the tournament by submitting to the
Tournament Committee their completed entry forms and the corresponding fees on or
before October 1, 2015.
4. Each team MUST have a designated Team Captain who shall ensure that his team
members are familiar with the rules of golf, tournament rules and other rules applicable
to the competition. The Team Captain is responsible for verifying, authenticating and
submitting copies of the handicap indexes of his team members. No player in the “AM”
Division shall have a lower handicap than those players in the “FIL” Division.
66th Fil-Am Tournament Rules - 2
5. Team Captains can confirm and amend their line-ups at the Baguio Country Club
Secretariat. All changes in a team’s line-up must be done in writing not later than 12:00
noon of November 19, 2015 for the Seniors and Regular Divisions F, G & H and
November 28, 2015 for the Regular Divisions CH, A, B, C, D & E. Failure of the Team
Captain to confirm and certify his team will relieve the Committee of any responsibility for
any errors in line-ups or handicaps.
1. Handicap indexes must be submitted with team’s application. The Fil-Am Committee
requires a copy of a player’s April and May 2015 official handicap index
card/certification from USGA, R & A, GHIN or Unified National Handicapping System of
the Philippines. All players must bring the original handicap index card/certification for
verification purposes. The Committee reserves the right to reject or adjust handicap
indexes of a player before or during tournament proper. The LOWEST HANDICAP
INDEX garnered during the 2-month period from April/May 2015 and a player’s Fil-
Am index (for participants since 2012) shall be used for this year’s tournament.
2. A player who does not submit the proper documentation (index) shall be given a
handicap of zero (0).
3. The average of the 3 lowest Handicap indexes will be used for classification of
4. Questions on handicap indexes of other teams/players shall ONLY be considered until
6:00 PM on November 20, 2015 for the Seniors and Regular Divisions F, G, H and
November 29, 2015 for the Regular Divisions CH, A, B, C, D & E.
5. Teams/ individuals shall be disqualified for submitting confirmed false handicap indexes
(Rule 6-2b, Rules of Golf) and may be banned from future participation in the FIL-AM.
Team protests must be submitted in writing with an attached proof to the Tournament
Committee. The Committee reserves the right to investigate any handicaps.
NOTE: If a player has more than one (1) handicap index, the lowest handicap index
shall be used. It is the Team Captain’s responsibility to ensure the lowest
handicap index of his player is submitted. Failure to report a handicap
index may result in disqualification.
1. Team placements in the different divisions will be based on the average of the three (3)
lowest handicap indexes on the team.
First Week (November 21 to 26, 2015)
Senior Divisions- Championship, A and B
Regular Divisions-F, G and H
Second Week (November 30 to December5, 2015)
Regular Divisions-Championship, A, B, C, D and E
2. All players for the Senior Divisions must be 55 years of age by November 21, 2015.
3. All team champions of the different classifications from last year’s tournament
may be advanced to a higher classification at the discretion of the Tournament
4. Request for team classification, elevation or preferred playing week SHALL NOT
5. Players wanting to play both weeks of the tournament are permitted to do so.
66th Fil-Am Tournament Rules - 3
6. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to classify or reclassify any team/s if it
deems such change is for the good of the tournament.
F. SCORING SYSTEM
1. The tournament will be scored by the following system:
6 points - Hole-In-One on par 4 or Double Eagle/ Albatross
5 points - Hole-In-One on par 3
4 points - two under par (Eagle)
3 points - one under par (Birdie)
2 points - par
1 point - one over par (Bogey)
2. Each team may field five (5) players with four (4) scores to count for the team for the
3. Ties shall be broken as follows:
a. Final round score of the 5thplayer. (Score that did not count)
b. Best team score for the last 18 holes
c. Best team score for the last 36 holes
d. Best team score for the last 54 holes
e. Most number of eagles then birdies, then pars,then bogeys
a. Final round score of the player
b. Final 36 holes score of the player
c. Final 54 holes score of the player
d. If still tied, final 9 holes, final 6 holes, final 3 holes, hole by hole count back from the
G. TEAM & INDIVIDUAL AWARDS
1. Team trophies will be awarded to Champions, 1st Runners-up and 2nd Runners-up from
the “Championship” flights through “H” flights in the Regulars and from “CH” flights
through “B” flights for the Seniors both “FIL” and “AM” Divisions.
2. Five (5) trophies will be awarded to the members of the winning teams. In case of teams
having more than five (5) players, additional trophies will be sent at a later date.
3. A Trophy will be awarded to the medalist of each individual classification as
determined by handicap indexes.
4. Hole-in-one awards are subject to the discretion of the Tournament Committee.
H. TEE TIMES AND REQUEST FOR TEE TIME PAIRINGS
1. Pairings and starting times will be released and posted. Pairings sheets will be made
available at the secretariat.
2. Team Captains are required to submit their pairings on or BEFORE 7:00 P.M. Changes
in Player’s starting times will not be allowed.
3. Teams who fail to field the minimum number of four (4) players daily may be disqualified
and automatically lose their standing for an invitation to the following year’s tournament.
66th Fil-Am Tournament Rules - 4
4. The Tournament Committee will not entertain any requests for tee times or playing
dates. Players who join the tournament must be ready to play on any day of the
tournament dates and tee times assigned to them by the Tournament Committee.
I. RULES DECISION
1. Questions regarding Rules of Golf shall be referred ONLY to the Rules Committee.
2. Any protest must be submitted immediately in writing (signed by the Team Captain) not
later than 6:00 pm of the day of the stipulated round. Any other requests will not be
3. Decisions of the Rules Committee shall be final.
J. FIL-AM LOCAL RULES ON MEASURING-DEVICES
“A player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance ONLY. If,
during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance-measuring device that is designed to gauge
or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. gradient, windspeed, temperature,
etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification for the
stipulated round, regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used.”
K. DISQUALIFICATION/ SUSPENSION
At any time, the Tournament Committee reserves the right to disqualify and / or suspend any
team or individual from their participation in the FIL – AM Invitational Golf Tournament. Reasons
for disqualification/ suspension may include the following:
1. Disrespect to the sponsors, tournament officials and staff.
2. Unbecoming conduct and gross violations of the Rules of Golf and serious breach of golf
etiquette by any team member/s during the tournament.
3. Violation of the House Rules of both Clubs.
THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE ALTERATIONS AT
ITS DISCRETION – TO ADJUST OR FOREGO – IF IT FEELS THAT SUCH ACTIONS ARE
IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE TOURNAMENT.